Thursday, September 10, 2009

Week in review/preview


Had an interview bright and early today -- okay, 10:30 a.m. -- at the Arden Theatre Co. with local acting legend, Frank X. He's playing Hector in the Arden's upcoming production of Alan Bennett's "History Boys."

I saw X in "Ghosts" at the Lantern back when I was a freshman at Temple -- way back. It was one of my first weeks in the big city, and I had such a powerful reaction to the play -- both Ibsen and X. It's a production I remember like yesterday. This is the second time I've interviewed X. I was nervous both times.
This feature is scheduled to run in the Metro's Fall Arts Perview on Sep 17
Click here for article


Looking forward to tomorrow's interview with dancer/choreographer Jumatatu Poe. He wants to meet at 11 a.m. What's up with all of these early rising artists?

I love writing about dancers. I find myself so thoroughly cleansed of cynicism when I sit in a dance rehearsal. I have found no other place with such unabashed generosity.
This feature will run in Metro's Fall Arts Preview on Sep 17
Click here for article



Started the week working on a new series of pieces for Metro's Education Guide. Every week I'm set to profile a different trade degree. This week: Hotel/Restaurant Management. It was tough going at first, as it is with any new beat, but Heather Flemke and Kamila Piszczek from the Restaraunt School were kind enough to point me in the right direction.

I think this assignment may be part of my karma for being the worst waiter in Philadelphia history. (Seriously, ask anybody at Davio's.)

My assignment for next week: Medical/Nursing Asst, Nurse Aide/Tech.

First question: what is a medical/nursing asst, nurse aide/tech?
These pieces are set to run on Thursdays, I think

No comments:

Post a Comment