Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rehearsals # 8, 9 & 10

I'm becoming less and less useful. My idea to use actual whisky fell on deaf ears. Bean counters. But I did get to change a few lines because they can't actually smoke in this "Latvian Society." And then I made a few script changes in which I just put "quotes" around a few "phrases" just to keep busy. When I gave the the pages to the actors, I said, say it like "this." They just stared at me blankly.

But I do find this "fight call" concept totally fascinating. Like: "let's practice beating the crap out of each other, so we don't actually beat the crap out of each other." I love it! And boy do I hope they're "acting," because if not Brian Cowden is sure getting his ass handed to him every night. And if that were the case, I would feel a new sense of guilt for having scripted a "ball grab."


Throw Down Part I: Brian Cowden gets socked one by Nathan Emmons during fight call... Don't worry. It's make believe. I think.

Throw Down Part II: Cowden begs Emmons to stop. Sometimes I want to scream at them to stop. Then the director reminds me that theater is pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment