Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rehearsal #7

Alright, so I wasn't actually at "Rehearsal #7." But I did do a fair amount of fretting about the play while at work. That's pretty much all I do at rehearsal anyway, so I figure everybody's happy. So here, then, is a top ten I thought up at work, while waiting on images from the Museum of Art. (The Cezanne thing looks cool. You should totally go.)

REASONS WHY PLAYWRITING IS A LONELY BUSINESS

1. Typing works fingers not abs
2. People always approaching you with “totally awesome” ideas for plays
3. Talk backs
4. Audiences always ask for more “sass-walk” at talk backs
5. Theater industry peaked in 1895... in Russia
6. Kinko's customer service has gone down hill
7. Sometimes co-workers refer to you as “Playwright-er”
8. People hate theater
9. Lavish lifestyle can isolate one from peers
10.No event category for plays on Myspace


This is me fretting at a rehearsal on March 14. It looks pretty much the same at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment