Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Run


Luigi Sottile (left) and Nathon Emmons in the opening scene of WHISKY NEAT.


I have been instructed by late night public television to write five things I am grateful for each day.

FIVE SMALL DETAILS THAT DELIGHT ME ABOUT THE RUN OF WHISKY NEAT

1. The way Luigi (as Handsome) and Elena (as Alex) share a laugh after Alex says, "You're full of shit."

2. That moment when the lights go down just before the show. For a moment a loose myself in a wonderful way: what will the lights come up on? "Guys and Dolls?" "Endgame?" What will be revealed by the coming light?

3. Being anonymous: Audiences who don't know I'm associated with the play in any way.

4. The conversation about the play and writing that I had after a visit to a lecture class at Temple U. The student had seen the play and related. It made her feel like more of who she was.

5. People who order whisky after the show (or whiskey).

No comments:

Post a Comment